Keto Cranberry-Ginger Pork Roast Recipe
Cook Time: 480 Minutes
Phase: Phase 2
4 lb Pork Chops or Roasts (Center Rib, Bone-In)
1 each Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
1 cup, chopped Cranberries
2 oz Sugar Free Maple Flavored Syrup
2 tsp fresh ginger root
0 1/2 tsp Salt
0 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 cup Chicken Broth, Bouillon or Consomme
0 1/2 cup (8 fl oz) Water
0 1/4 tsp Guar Gum
1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter Stick
- Prepare a skillet with a small amount of oil over medium-high heat. Season the roast with salt and freshly ground black pepper then place into the skillet and brown each side for about a minute; 4 minutes total, to help seal in moisture and give it a nice color. Set aside on a plate to cool slightly.
- Finely dice the chipotle pepper and chop the cranberries if desired.
- In a small bowl combine the syrup, diced chipotle, freshly grated ginger, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture onto the roast then place it and any remaining rub into the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the cranberries and pour the chicken broth down the side of the pan (avoiding rinsing the rub from the roast).
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast and set on a serving platter covered with a tent of aluminum foil; reserving liquid. Keep slow cooker on low and add water and 1/4 tsp guar gum, or xanthan gum to the reserved mixture, whisking to combine. Continue to cook on low heat until the sauce thickens slightly. Once thick enrich the sauce if desired with 1 tbsp unsalted butter, adding additional salt and pepper - to taste. Serve the sauce over the pork roast. You should have about 1 cup of sauce, each serving is 2 tbsp.
Tip: It is not necessary to chop the cranberries for this recipe (they will break down while cooking), chopping them makes the sauce smoother.
Whether you’re feeding a family or cooking for one, you can update the serving settings above to reveal the required amount of ingredients.